The EQ-i 2.0 Workplace measures the interaction between a person and the environment he/she operates in. Assessing and evaluating an individuals emotional intelligence can help establish the need for targeted development programs and measures. This, in turn, can lead to dramatic increases in the persons performance, interaction with others, and leadership potential. The development potentials the EQ-i 2.0 identifies, along with the targeted strategies it provides, make it a highly effective employee development tool.
What is Emotional Intelligence?
Emotional intelligence is a set of emotional and social skills that collectively establish how well we:
- Perceive and express ourselves
- Develop and maintain social relationships
- Cope with challenges
- Use emotional information in an effective and meaningful way
It is a predictor of success in life and work
How Do I Begin with the EQ-i 2.0 Workplace Profile?
Each Profile includes a private debriefing/coaching session with a certified EQ-i 2.0 associate. The profile will be completed on-line with results delivered immediately upon completion.
Our certified associate will provide you with a profile results overview to prepare you for the custom debrief/coaching session. This session will provide the individual with insight into areas of strength and challenge areas. An accountability plan will be outlined to help focus priority areas of improvement. Associated measures will be discussed to determine important milestones for progress over time.
Fee for EQ-i 2.0 Workplace Profile includes:
- EQ-i 2.0 Workplace Assessment/Report
- One Hour Confidential Debrief/Coaching Session
- Application Resources for On-Going Implementation of Results
Shipping: Email Delivery
Recruitment and Retention
The EQ-i 2.0 Workplace is versatile in workplace environments and can be used by employers via HR and OD consultants, psychologists, or EQ-i 2.0 certified professionals as a screening tool in hiring, leading to the selection of emotionally intelligent, emotionally healthy, and the most-likely successful employees. Supplemented by other sources of information, such as interviews, the EQ-i 2.0 can make the recruitment and selection process more reliable and efficient. A sound recruiting process leads to higher retention rates and reduced turnover which can result in significant cost savings, improved employee effectiveness and increased moral.
What Does it Measure?
The EQ-i 2.0 Workplace measures five distinct aspects of emotional and social functioning:
- Self-Perception understanding your emotions
- Self-Expression expressing your emotions
- Interpersonal develop and maintain relationships
- Decision Making use emotions to make better decisions
- Stress Management cope with challenges
Self-Perception - Consists of the following sub-categories:
- Self-Regard confidence
- Self-Actualization continuous development
- Emotional Self-Awareness understanding my emotions
Self - Expression - Consists of the following:
- Emotional Expression saying how you feel
- Assertiveness standing up for yourself effectively
- Independence standing on your own two feet
Interpersonal - Consists of the following:
- Interpersonal Relationships developing and maintaining good relationships
- Empathy recognizing and appreciating how others feel
- Social Responsibility contributing to society
Decision Making - Consists of the following:
- Problem Solving effectively managing emotions when solving problems
- Reality Testing seeing things as they really are
- Impulse Control ability to resist or delay impulses
Stress Management - Consists of the following:
- Flexibility adapting to change effectively
- Stress Tolerance successfully coping with stressful situations
- Optimism having a positive outlook
- Feeling satisfied, enjoying life
- An indicator of overall well-being
- Not included in overall EQ-i 2.0 results
- Impacts overall EQ-i 2.0, closely linked to:
- Interpersonal Relationships
- You get an overall EQ-i 2.0 Workplace result, as well as individual results for each component
- You will receive feedback on your results and what they mean
- Your report includes strategies to further develop your emotional intelligence and a development plan template to help you make your commitment real
- Improving your Emotional Intelligence will not only help you be more successful at work, but outside of work too!
Applying EQ-i 2.0 Workplace
There are many ways the EQ-i 2.0 Workplace can be used:
- Succession Planning
- Leadership Development
- Executive Coaching
- Team Effectiveness