- Team Management Systems
Team Management Systems
Team Management Systems
Profile Assessments offers a rich set of individual and team assessments from Team Management Systems. Building upon the success of the MBTI profile and its measure of communication styles, the Team Management and Team Performance Profiles add another layer of results that identifies team processes or work functions. This rich analysis provides a language of teamwork that is easily applied to the teamwork process for on-going implementation. Through the identification of individual work preferences, leaders are able to increase employee engagement by allocating work according to work preferences, which increases the excitement and energy of individual contributors. Understanding how work process is balanced across the team provides insights into where teams may get sidetracked and where their key strengths lie. No other profile offers this rich combination of results that balances work process with communication styles.
The Team Management Profile is used for individuals and highlights three key areas of work preference that align to the 8 Types of Work Process. Many clients will follow up with the Team Performance Profile, which is a 360° for the team and provides an assessment of how the team is performing from the individuals team perspective in addition to up to 4 other reporting groups or teams.
Team Management Profile
Profile Assessments integrates individual results of the Team Management Profile (TMP) with that of the whole team. The TMP is a powerful resource used to bring teams together to drive increased understanding of communication and motivation and how this drives employee engagement. Insight into the work preferences of each team member provides teams the opportunity to achieve a higher level of performance in the pursuit of team goals.
The TMP is based on nine key activities or work functions that need to be present if a team is to optimize its performance. These work functions are independent of the technical functions that a team performs. Therefore they apply to any type of team. For a team to be high performing, it needs to address all of the work functions.
- Advising -gathering & disseminating information to others
- Innovating - thinking up new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Promoting - selling ideas to others
- Developing - putting ideas to work and developing the ideas
- Organizing - implementing & organizing
- Producing - actual production a plan is put into action
- Inspecting - ensure standards & quality are met
- Maintaining - infrastructure to support activities & standards
- Linking - the glue that holds the team together!
Team Benefits of using the Team Management Profile
- Understand and acknowledge the unique contributions of all members of your executive team based on functional work process and communication style.
- Increase the effectiveness of problem-solving and decision making by helping the team to understand different work preferences and to develop a strategy to increase communication effectiveness by linking styles.
- Creates a foundation for managing team strengths, identifying gap areas and allocating resources more efficiently.
- Identifies effective methods to anticipate and adapt work function process to better manage conflict and change and the workplace.
- Provides strategies for motivating and engaging team members based on team work process preference.
Team Performance Profile
The Team Performance Profile is a multi-rater instrument that provides a 360-degree view of how the team is performing in terms of the nine critical work functions outlined in the Team Management Profile overview above. This data rich profile provides teams with a targeted understanding of where the teams strengths and weaknesses lie. Each team member completes the profile in addition to up to 4 other reporting groups that may include: other teams in the organization, management, colleagues and customers. Through this feedback, the team will understand where it needs to adjust as it moves forward. Each reporting group may have different perceptions of how the team is performing which provides for the opportunity for a very specific and targeted team development plan.
The Team Performance Profile is a valuable tool to use as a snapshot of team performance to benchmark against milestones of performance. Reporting teams can be reassessed in the future to provide the team feedback into how their development plan is working and where adjustments may still need to be made for increased performance.
Team Benefits of using the Team Performance Profile
- Enables the team to see a snapshot of their performance, which can be used as a benchmark for future audits
- Outlines specific feedback to the team regarding level of satisfaction and degree of importance of specific tasks as seen from external reporting teams
- Measures specific team behaviors across the various Types of Work Functions and identifies areas of strength and challenge or gap area
- Provides the team an opportunity to develo