Understanding work preferences is a critical component in developing individual, team, and organizational performance. Team Management Systems' Team Management Profile Questionnaire (TMPQ) is a 60-item assessment focused on enhancing understanding of an individual's approach to work. Based on the responses around four dimensions of work reference, the Personal Team Management Profile provides constructive, work-based information outlining an individual's work preferences, based on the Team Management Wheel, and the strengths that an individual brings to a team.
Successful and admired leaders of today need to be consciously aware of how their communication styles can influence and motivate teams. The Team Management Profile (TMP) provides an enhanced understanding of a leader's approach to work and how individual strengths can best be used in a team environment. The identification of 'work preferences' allows leaders to concentrate on their authentic strengths and to utilize those strengths to effectively influence their team.
The TMP is based on nine key activities or 'work functions' that need to be present if a team is to optimize its performance. These work functions are independent of the technical functions that a team performs. Therefore they apply to any type of team. For a team to be high performing, it needs to address all of the work functions.
- Advising, gathering and disseminating information to others
- Innovating and thinking up new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Promoting and selling ideas to others
- Developing and putting ideas to work
- Organizing and implementing
- Producing an actual production plan that is put into action
- Inspecting and ensuring standards and quality are met
- Maintaining infrastructure to support activities and standards
- Linking the glue that holds the team together!
Shipping: Email Delivery
- Provides a complete approach to building and maintaining balanced, high-energy teams
- Creates a foundation for managing team strengths and allocating resources more efficiently
- Promotes greater understanding of individual contributions and work preferences
- Identifies ways to resolve conflict with differing work styles