The TMP is based on nine key activities or 'work functions' that need to be present if a team is to optimize its performance. These work functions are independent of the technical functions that a team performs. Therefore they apply to any type of team. For a team to be high performing, it needs to address all of the work functions.
- Advising, gathering and disseminating information to others
- Innovating and thinking up new ideas and new ways of doing things
- Promoting and selling ideas to others
- Developing and putting ideas to work
- Organizing and implementing
- Producing an actual production plan that is put into action
- Inspecting and ensuring standards and quality are met
- Maintaining infrastructure to support activities and standards
- Linking the glue that holds the team together!
Shipping: Email Delivery
- Provides a complete approach to building and maintaining balanced, high-energy teams
- Creates a foundation for managing team strengths and allocating resources more efficiently
- Promotes greater understanding of individual contributions and work preferences
- Identifies ways to resolve conflict with differing work styles