- Emotional Intelligence
- Change Style Indicator®
When to use the Change Style Indicator?
How do you and your team adapt to change? In today’s fast paced environment, change is almost constant. It can be scary for some while others thrive on change. Explore your personal Change Style Indicator and/or discover how your team scores across the change style continuum.
The Change Style Indicator measures an individual’s preferred style in approaching and addressing change. It provides employees of all levels with insights on personal preferences for managing through change and provides context for how those around them might perceive and respond to their preferred style.
Why Change Preferences Matter in the Workplace?
Increasing your awareness of change style preferences provides the opportunity to:
- Manage responses to change and its consequences
- Understand the sources of emotion and conflict associate with change
- Respond to others in a way that enhances collaboration and encourages innovation
- Recognize and optimize the contributions that each change style offers to your team and organization
- Learn specific strategies for communicating across the Change Style Continuum
- Understand potential pitfalls of each Change Style
The Change Style Indicator Continuum
The Change Style Indicator captures your preferred style in approaching change across a continuum. Conserver – Pragmatist – Originator. Ultimately, a team would value from a balanced distribution of preferences across the three areas of the continuum.
- Conserver: prefers the known to the unknown
- Pragmatist: prefers to explore the current situation in an objective manner
- Originator: prefers a faster and more radical approach to change
View the Change Style Indicator Report